Thursday, May 7, 2009

i absolutely love

this time of year... the trees are all turning green, and people seem nicer to each other. the threat of snow is gone in denver (for now, i hear) until winter and life just feels more beautiful.

i started a new diet on monday, and it's going really really well.. i made it up myself so i can only be mad at me if it's too hard or gets monotonous. my goal is to fit into a bridesmaid dress i haven't ever tried on or been measured for on june 7 for my best friend's wedding. i told her today that my diet was going well and she responded, "yay! i'm so happy for you!" i responded back, "i'm so happy for YOU! now i won't look like a platinum stuffed mushroom in your wedding!" i crack myself up! she wasn't pleased but finally laughed. it came to me as an epiphany, so i had to share, RIGHT?? ;)

i am really, really happy with this stationary shop i found on etsy this week! i ordered some notecards for a special someone on may 3, and they were in my mailbox today! and i got 16 cards for $25. what.a.deal! go here: silhouetteblue to see what megan has to offer! she also included a free happy birthday card (even though these weren't for a birthday) and a sweet handwritten note thanking me for my order. i <3 silhoutteblue!

on another note, the daytime receptionist at work is now out on an "indefinite" leave of absence because of a strange stomach thing she has going on.... they have no idea what it is even though they've run multiple tests... she's nearing 70, so this is scary for her, i'm sure.. this means lots of overtime for beth... which i guess is good, since we're going on vacation to texas for my best friend's wedding at the end of may. i'm just going to get a little less sleep than i would like. darn.

saturday, i'm going to start the spring cleaning/organizing of our home! should be a challenge, but i'm up for it!

last note - our landlords are the sweetest! they mailed us an anniversary card with a target gift card in it! what a surprise! :) we love them!

No comments: