Sunday, January 25, 2009

obligatory first post

i am starting a new blog. this much is obvious and without a need for explanation.

but i am going to explain why i am starting a new blog. zach (my sweet husband, for those who may not know) wanted to know why i couldn't just use myspace or facebook. i don't have an answer for that. i feel like i need a new start on a place that is just my own. (contrary to popular belief, myspace doesn't belong to "me" or "you".. it's not my space.) but i feel like this gone green blog could be my space. where i can blog openly and honestly. and that is an exciting proposition to me.

one thing i should talk about in my first post is that i am currently a fugitive.

i received a letter in the mail alerting me to the fact that i have been ignoring notices of criminal warrants out for my arrest (of which, for the record, i have never been made aware) and that this is the final notice before i am hunted down and taken into custody. imagine my surprise and concern as i am reading this letter!

i called the toll free number found in the letter the next morning and spoke with a nice woman named jessica, who informed me that i had outstanding warrants for not paying a speeding ticket in athens, texas from 2002. the total i must pay to avoid arrest and losing my privilege to drive is $505.70. ouch.

my mom who is a paralegal in east texas is looking into options for me. i am not going to be able to go down there to fight this ticket, so i will likely have to pay the $505, which makes me very sad. we will see what happens. i have until february 23 to pay the money.

so you're reading a tale from a fugitive. how does that make you feel? brave? teehee... :)

on another note, i am really tired of having very tired of working 6 days a week. i appreciate the opportunity to make extra money with overtime, but i miss my time to rest.

i actually have a lot to blog about. i already feel really good about starting this blog. i will write again soon to catch up.

1 comment:

Elisa B said...

Woo Hoo! Another blog to read!

And I have to admit, I spend time at 4 out of your 5 posted places on the'net. **blush**

Love the name as well! Maybe I should rename mine to "What can Brown do for you?" :)

Have fun with the blogging!